Safe Loading Passes
You are in safe hands!
Northover Trucks are fully FTA approved for providing Safe Loading Passes. As the only authorised inspection provider within 30 miles it makes it now even more convienent for those that may need an up to date certification.
The road loading of high and low flash petroleum products can be considered as one of the potentially higher risk activities in a typical terminal operating environment.
To ensure that risks are managed to an appropriate level, the road tankers that enter the terminals to load must satisfy two broad requirements:
- To ensure that there is no loss of liquid or vapour containment during loading, the vehicles must be designed and constructed to ensure that they are completely compatible with the loading rack mechanical, electrical and control systems. Complete compatibility with the majority of loading racks in the UK is achieved by constructing the vehicles in accordance with the Energy Institute Code of Practice “ Petroleum road tanker design and construction”
- The mechanical and electrical systems fitted to the vehicles must be adequately maintained to a suitable standard such that they do not present an unacceptable risk during loading
To ensure that these broad requirements are met, technicians that carry out Safe Loading Pass inspections (SLPA) are required to be trained and approved under the scheme.
The SLPS is recognised by members of the UK Petroleum Industry Association (UKPIA) and the Tank Storage Association (TSA). The scheme applies to terminals supplying the following fuels with the following UN numbers:
- UN1202 – Gas oil or diesel fuel or heating oil, light
- UN1203 – Gasoline or petrol or motor spirit
- UN1223 – Kerosene
- UN1863 – Fuel, aviation, turbine engine
- UN1170 – Ethanol
If you need a Safe Loading Pass inspection then call us today so that we can book you in.
Scaffold Association membership acceptance
16 Oct 2019
Europe’s largest truck wash prepares to open new £2.3m Cheshire site
11 Oct 2019
12 UK Driving Offences that carry Penalty Points - and how many
11 Oct 2019
DAF LF 55.220 21FT Bed SCAFFOLD
IVECO Euro Cargo 180E25 EEV
IVECO Euro Cargo 75E
DAF LF FUEL TANKER
MAN ZF Gearbox Semi Auto